Warranty Policy for qPCR Instruments
Requirements for Warranty Coverage
This warranty applies only if customer has registered the product with Quantabio pursuant to the registration instructions accompanying the instrument within 90 days of receiving the instrument.
A proof of purchase that indicates the date of purchase is required in order to register.
A proof of purchase should be an invoice or paid receipt showing the following information and uploaded via our Q registration page:
- Date of Purchase
- Unit and Part Number
- Distributor (where purchased)
- Purchase amount
accepted file formats are: PDF, PNG, JPEG.
What is Covered
This warranty covers any defects in material and workmanship with the exceptions stated below.
How Long Coverage Lasts
This warranty runs for TWO (2) YEARS from the warranty start date (“Warranty Period”).
The warranty start date is from the date of the customer invoice.
What is Not Covered
This warranty does not cover damage due to improper use or mistreatment of the instrument (please refer to the Safety Information Sheet and User Manual provided with each instrument). The warranty is limited only to any internal damage of the Q instrument. This warranty does not cover fading or discoloration caused by exposure to sunlight or chemicals.
What We Will Do
Quantabio will send a replacement instrument for any instrument that proves to be manufacture defective within the coverage of the Warranty Period.
At Quantabio’s discretion, the replacement instrument will be either a new or refurbished instrument.
Q Instrument Extended Warranty Program Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply if Customer has purchased an extended warranty package (Silver or Gold) for the Q Instrument.
- Coverage: The extended warranty program covers the Q instrument for a period of 5 years from the date of instrument purchase as reflected on the receipt of sale. The warranty coverage includes repair or replacement of any defective instrument or part thereof, as the case may be, plus labor and travel costs associated with such repair or replacement.
- Service Plans: Customer may choose from two service plans – Silver and Gold – under the extended warranty program. The Silver plan includes a 5-year extended warranty, virtual training, remote applications support, service and replacement included, and a mail-in support-exchange program. The Gold plan includes all Silver plan features, as well as onsite training, onsite applications support, a free UPS system-battery backup, and temperature verification services (valued at $500 per year). The type of service plan purchased (Silver or Gold) is specified on the quote or ordering document issued by Quantabio.
- Registration: To be eligible for coverage under the extended warranty program, customers must register their Q instrument within 90 days of the date of purchase. Registration instructions will be provided with the instrument. Proof of purchase showing the date of purchase, unit and part number, distributor (where purchased), and purchase amount, must be uploaded during the registration process.
- Warranty Period: The warranty period for the extended warranty program begins on the date of purchase and lasts for a period of 5 years.
- Eligibility: The extended warranty program is available to customers who have purchased a Q instrument directly from Quantabio or from an authorized Quantabio distributor. The warranty is not transferable and applies only to the original purchaser and instrument.
- Exclusions: The extended warranty program does not cover normal wear and tear or damage caused by misuse, abuse, neglect, unauthorized repairs, modifications, accidents, or natural disasters. The program also does not cover the universal power supply system or consumable items such as tubes, tube caps or cables. Except as otherwise expressly provided under these terms and conditions, all warranties either expressed or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law.
- Repairs and Replacements: In the event of a defect covered under the extended warranty program, Quantabio will either repair or replace the instrument at its discretion. If a replacement instrument is provided, it may be new or refurbished.
- Service Request Process: To request service under the extended warranty program, customers must contact Quantabio to initiate a service request via https://www.quantabio.com/contact-us/ using the technical support for instrument/software form in the drop down menu. Quantabio will provide instructions on how to return the instrument for repair or replacement, if necessary. Customers may be required to provide additional information, such as a description of the issue, troubleshooting steps taken, and photos or videos of the problem.
- Service Options: Depending on the nature of the issue, Quantabio may provide virtual support, onsite support, or mail-in support-exchange services. The service option provided will be determined by Quantabio in its sole discretion.
- Payment: The extended warranty program is conditioned upon the customer’s payment in full of a one-time purchase price as specified on the applicable quote or ordering document issued by QIAGEN. Payment is due at the time of purchase and is non-refundable.
- Limitation of Liability: Quantabio’s liability under the extended warranty program is limited to the cost of repair or replacement of the instrument covered under the program. Quantabio is not liable for any consequential, indirect, or incidental damages arising from the use of the instrument or the extended warranty program.
- Governing Law: These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Massachusetts. Any disputes arising under these terms and conditions will be resolved by the competent courts of Massachusetts.