DescriptionsparQ RNA-Seq Kit simultaneously depletes rRNA and globin while generating stranded RNA-seq libraries. The sparQ RNA-Seq Kit’s use of proprietary, highly optimized enzymes, integrates ribosomal depletion and library prep in only 4.5 hrs while preparing high quality transcriptome NGS libraries from either intact or degraded RNA samples at varying input quantities.
Features & Benefits
- Simple and efficient workflow with results in ~4.5 hours and 33% less hands-on time
- rRNA and globin depletion, fragmentation, 1st strand, 2nd strand, end-polishing all take place in the same tube without purification steps
- Efficient removal of rRNA and globin improves sequencing results
- Improved library yield for samples with limited RNA quantity or poor quality
- Better overall coverage uniformity enables correct identification of full length transcripts
- Increased unique transcript identification provides the best diversity independent of RNA input and sample type
sparQ RNA-Seq Kit is intended for molecular biology applications. This product is not intended for the diagnosis, prevention or treatment of a disease.
Fast, streamlined workflow
Fast, streamlined workflow
Fast, streamlined workflowsparQ RNA-Seq Kit Streamlined Workflow. rRNA and globin removal is integrated with the RNA fragmentation and priming step, enabling faster time to result, less hands-on time, and fewer purification steps
- Generates high quality libraries in ~4.5 hours and 33% less hands-on time
- Efficiently integrates rRNA and globin depletion with the RNA fragmentation and priming step
Improved results for FFPE and Low input samples
Comparison of Library Yields
Comparison of Library YieldsComparison of Library Yields. Libraries were prepared using sparQ RNA-Seq Kit with rRNA/globin depletion, NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Kit , Kapa HyperPrep Kit with RiboErase, or Illumina Stranded Total RNA Prep, Ligation with Ribo-Zero Plus using varying amounts of Universal Human Refernce RNA (UHR, Agilent), or Human Liver FFPE RNA (BioChain). Library yield was quantified using the sparQ Universal Library Quant PCR kit (Quantabio). Comparable library yields (45 to 55 nM) were obtained with each kit using 1 ug of UHR RNA. For low input quantities of UHR RNA, the lowest recommended RNA input amount for each kit was used. Each library was amplified through 14 cycles of PCR. The sparQ RNA-Seq Kit generated consistently higher yields at low (1 to 10 ng) UHR RNA inputs (A) and comparable yields to the Illumina kit across all input amounts of with low quality FFPE RNA (B).
- Higher library yield at low RNA inputs (1 ng – 1000 ng) and FFPE (10 ng – 100 ng)
Increased unique transcripts identification
Comparison of Unique Fragments
Comparison of Unique FragmentsComparison of Unique Transcripts. The diversity of each library was assessed by measuring the quantity of unique sequenced fragments. The sparQ RNA-Seq Kit consistently demonstrated higher rates of unique fragments indicating the highest library diversity regardless of RNA input quantity and sample type which will enable more accurate quantification of low-level or rare transcripts and better transcript quantification.
- Increased number of unique fragments providing the best diversity independent of RNA inputs and RNA sample types
Proven compatibility with various sample types
- Compatible with various sample types, including FFPE, tissue, and blood.
- Best overall coverage uniformity for multiple types of RNA to enable correct identification of full length transcripts
- Highly efficient removal of both ribosomal and globin RNAs for high quality data and actionable results