Compared to other 1-step qRT-PCR mixes we have used, UltraPlex 1-Step ToughMix (4X) Low-ROX, 500R performs with the same sensitivity when testing using SARS-CoV-2-spiked saliva samples, but is easier to use and at a significantly lower price per reaction. The mix requires little to no time to thaw, decreasing the time required when preparing samples. The mix is also conveniently aliquoted into multiple tubes, reducing the chance for contamination as opposed to a single, high volume aliquot. Overall, these factors make this a better overall product as compared to competing companies (e.g., Thermo Fisher Scientific or Zymo) and we will continue to use this moving forward.
UltraPlex 1-Step ToughMix
Features & Benefits
- 4X concentrated master mix allows greater flexibility with dilute samples - as little as 1 pg of total RNA
- Multiplexing capable with up to 5 targets
- Tough-tested for applications where PCR inhibition from template impurities may be a concern, such as: crude extracts, clinical specimens, or environmental samples.
- Temperature stabilized master mix enables convenient reaction setup at ambient room temperature
UltraPlex 1-Step ToughMix is intended for molecular biology applications. This product is not intended for the diagnosis, prevention or treatment of a disease.
SalivaDirectTM: A simplified and flexible platform to enhance SARS-CoV-2 testing capacity
Dr. Anne Wyllie
Epidemiologist, Yale School of Public Health
UltraPlex 1-Step ToughMix (Low ROX/ ROX) (4X), contains:
- 4X reaction buffer containing optimized titrations of qPCR-grade dATP, dCTP, dGTP, dTTP, and magnesium.
- Ultra-pure recombinant proteins: qScript XLT reverse transcriptase, RNase inhibitor protein, and AccuStart II hot-start Taq DNA polymerase.
- Proprietary stabilizers additives and optimized ROX passive reference dye (if applicable).
Storage & HandlingStore components in a constant temperature freezer at -25°C to -15°C protected from light upon receipt. For lot specific expiry date, refer to package label, Certificate of Analysis or Product Specification Form.
Repeated freezing and thawing does not affect RT-qPCR performance.
- Applied Biosystems 5700
- Applied Biosystems 7000
- Applied Biosystems 7300
- Applied Biosystems 7700
- Applied Biosystems 7900
- Applied Biosystems 7900HT
- Applied Biosystems 7900 HT Fast
- Applied Biosystems StepOne™
- Applied Biosystems StepOnePlus™
- Applied Biosystems 7500
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast
- Stratagene Mx3000P®
- Stratagene Mx3005P™
- Stratagene Mx4000™
- Applied Biosystems ViiA 7
- Applied Biosystems QuantStudio™
- Agilent AriaMx
- Douglas Scientific IntelliQube®
Bio-Rad iCycler iQ systems
- Quantabio Q
- BioRad CFX
- Roche LightCycler 480
- QIAGEN Rotor-Gene Q
- BioRad iCycler iQ™
- BioRad MyiQ™
- BioRad iQ™5