Compared to other 1-step qRT-PCR mixes we have used, UltraPlex 1-Step ToughMix (4X) Low-ROX, 500R performs with the same sensitivity when testing using SARS-CoV-2-spiked saliva samples, but is easier to use and at a significantly lower price per reaction. The mix requires little to no time to thaw, decreasing the time required when preparing samples. The mix is also conveniently aliquoted into multiple tubes, reducing the chance for contamination as opposed to a single, high volume aliquot. Overall, these factors make this a better overall product as compared to competing companies (e.g., Thermo Fisher Scientific or Zymo) and we will continue to use this moving forward.
UltraPlex 1-Step ToughMix
Tough-tested, multiplex, 1-step real time PCR
Features & Benefits
- 4X concentrated master mix allows greater flexibility with dilute samples - as little as 1 pg of total RNA
- Multiplexing capable with up to 5 targets
- Tough-tested for applications where PCR inhibition from template impurities may be a concern, such as: crude extracts, clinical specimens, or environmental samples.
- Temperature stabilized master mix enables convenient reaction setup at ambient room temperature
UltraPlex 1-Step ToughMix is intended for molecular biology applications. This product is not intended for the diagnosis, prevention or treatment of a disease.
UltraPlex 1-Step ToughMix is a ready-to-use, 4X concentrated master mix 1-step reverse transcription and real-time quantitative PCR (RT-qPCR) of RNA templates using probe-based detection methods. First-strand cDNA synthesis and PCR amplification are carried out in the same tube without opening between steps. Optimized to deliver highly sensitive quantification of RNA viruses or low abundance RNA targets in uni- or highly multiplexed RNA detection assays, this reagent chemistry is optimized to deliver maximum assay sensitivity, precision and reproducibility with miniaturized reaction volumes and either conventional or accelerated thermal cycling protocols. UltraPlex 1-Step ToughMix contains all required components for RT-qPCR except RNA template and probe and is compatible with all dual-labeled probe chemistries.
What Customers Say
Compared to other 1-step qRT-PCR mixes we have used, UltraPlex 1-Step ToughMix (4X) Low-ROX, 500R performs with the same sensitivity when testing using SARS-CoV-2-spiked saliva... Read More
Rhoel R. D., PhD, MPH
Professor of Infectious Diseases UF Eminent Scholar DIRECTOR, CDC Southeastern Regional Center of Excellence for Vector Borne Diseases
UltraPlex 1-Step ToughMix (Low ROX/ ROX) (4X), contains:
- 4X reaction buffer containing optimized titrations of qPCR-grade dATP, dCTP, dGTP, dTTP, and magnesium.
- Ultra-pure recombinant proteins: qScript XLT reverse transcriptase, RNase inhibitor protein, and AccuStart II hot-start Taq DNA polymerase.
- Proprietary stabilizers additives and optimized ROX passive reference dye (if applicable).
Storage & HandlingStore components in a constant temperature freezer at -25°C to -15°C protected from light upon receipt. For lot specific expiry date, refer to package label, Certificate of Analysis or Product Specification Form.
Repeated freezing and thawing does not affect RT-qPCR performance.
- Applied Biosystems 5700
- Applied Biosystems 7000
- Applied Biosystems 7300
- Applied Biosystems 7700
- Applied Biosystems 7900
- Applied Biosystems 7900HT
- Applied Biosystems 7900 HT Fast
- Applied Biosystems StepOne™
- Applied Biosystems StepOnePlus™
- Applied Biosystems 7500
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast
- Stratagene Mx3000P®
- Stratagene Mx3005P™
- Stratagene Mx4000™
- Applied Biosystems ViiA 7
- Applied Biosystems QuantStudio™
- Agilent AriaMx
- Douglas Scientific IntelliQube®
Bio-Rad iCycler iQ systems
- Quantabio Q
- BioRad CFX
- Roche LightCycler 480
- QIAGEN Rotor-Gene Q
- BioRad iCycler iQ™
- BioRad MyiQ™
- BioRad iQ™5