Quantabio (part of QIAGEN Group) is a leading provider of advanced DNA and RNA amplification reagents for the most demanding molecular testing applications in applied, translational, and life science research. Quantabio has established a worldwide customer network during the last 20 years. The team leverages decades of experience in developing pioneering amplification technologies to deliver cutting-edge products to researchers focused on critical cloning, PCR, qPCR, and Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) applications.
Join us. At Quantabio, you make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Senior Field Applications Scientist for our Quantabio brand based in the United Kingdom or Germany to provide pre- and post-sales customer support for our NGS, qPCR and PCR reagent products as well as our Q qPCR instrument. This role will support customers across Europe with a focus on the UK and Western Europe.
The Field Applications Scientist will be a key member of a small team of Field Applications Scientists, responsible for providing pre- and post-sales reagent workflow development and technical support for several product families. A strong background in NGS and molecular biology is essential, along with the ability to communicate technical information to varied scientific audiences. The ideal candidate is a proactive team player who can drive application development and support by working with customers, sales, R&D and product management.
- In collaboration with the sales team, conduct training, demonstrations, workflow optimization and troubleshooting to enable scientists to develop and implement NGS and molecular biology application workflows
- Develop and nurture relationships with internal and external customers within the assigned territory both onsite and via phone, email and seminars. Assist in the development and maintenance of reference customers
- Work collaboratively with sales, product management, R&D and key customers on product launches via beta testing support
- Assist in the development, creation and review of technical application notes, presentations and webinars
- You have significant molecular biology/ genomics laboratory experience from academia or industry with strong troubleshooting abilities
- You have expert-level hands-on NGS experience including library preparation on Illumina or other short read-sequencing platforms. Additional experience with long-read sequencing is preferable
- Preferably, you have hands-on experience with qPCR, endpoint PCR and working experience with RNA
- 3-7 years of relevant industry experience required. Previous work as a FAS strongly desired
- You are experienced with statistical software programs and web-based tools to retrieve and analyze data
- A confident, customer-focused approach with the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively
- Ability to travel within Europe up to 50% of the time
What we offer
- Possibility to develop in an international company
- Attractive pension
- Private Healthcare
- Private Dentalcare
- Gym membership contribution
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of retail discounts and offers
- Opportunity to join internal QIAGEN communities
- Enhanced maternity package
- Flexible working options
- 25 days annual leave (potential to increase linked to service)
At the heart of Quantabio our people drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of Quantabio.
Quantabio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
|United Kingdom / Germany|
|Field Service / Technical Support|