PerfeCTa SYBR® Green FastMix
Features & Benefits
- 2X concentrated master mixes with stabilized SYBR Green dye and exceptional temperature stability (≥30 days at 22°C) that withstand repetitive freeze-thaw (≥ 20X).
- Rigorously optimized for both fast and conventional thermal cycling parameters.
- Supports efficient vortex mixing with proprietary anti-foaming technology.
- Maximizes assay sensitivity and target precision with highly modified Taq DNA polymerase and stringent ultrapure, AccuFast™ II antibody hotstart technology
PerfeCTa SYBR Green FastMix is intended for molecular biology applications. This product is not intended for the diagnosis, prevention or treatment of a disease.
Comparison to Finnzymes, ADAR
PerfeCTa SYBR Green FastMix Comparison to DyNAmo Flash SYBR Green PCR Kit
RNA-specific adenosine deaminase (ADAR) was amplified from log-fold dilutions of total HeLa cell cDNA (100 ng to 10 pg) using PerfeCTa™ SYBR Green FastMix or the DyNAmo Flash SYBR Green PCR Kit (Finnzymes) according to each manufacturers protocol. Averaged plots for quadruplicate reactions for each input quantity are shown. Fusion of DNA-binding peptide to Tbr DNA pol results in lower specificity of the DyNAmo kit which is evident in false positive results for no template control (NTC) reactions. Chemically modified polymerase produces delayed Cts and lower signal strength compared to AccuStart™ Taq. Cycling conditions: Finnzymes: 95°C, 7 min followed by 40 cycles of 95°C, 10s; 60°C, 20s PerfeCTa™ SYBR Green FastMix: 95°C, 20s followed by 40 cycles of 95°C, 1s; 60°C, 20s
Comparison to Takara, ADAR
PerfeCTa SYBR Green FastMix Comparison to SYBR PreMix Ex Taq
RNA-specific adenosine deaminase (ADAR) was amplified from log-fold dilutions of total HeLa cell cDNA (100 ng to 10 pg) using PerfeCTa™ SYBR Green FastMix or SYBR PreMix Ex Taq™ (Takara) according to each manufacturers protocol. Averaged plots for quadruplicate reactions for each input quantity are shown. PerfeCTa™ SYBR Green FastMix produces higher fluorescent signal and detection of equal target amounts at earlier Cts. Cycling conditions for both kits: 95°C, 20s followed by 40 cycles of 95°C, 1s; 60°C, 20s
Comparison to SYBR GreenER, ADAR
PerfeCTa SYBR Green FastMix comparison to SYBR GreenER qPCR SuperMix
RNA-specific adenosine deaminase (ADAR) was amplified from log-fold dilutions of total HeLa cell cDNA (100 ng to 1 pg) using PerfeCTa™ SYBR Green FastMix or the SYBR GreenER qPCR SuperMix (Invitrogen) according to each manufacturers protocol. Averaged plots for quadruplicate reactions for each input quantity are shown. Replicate CT values are shown on the standard curve (Panel A, inset). Cycling conditions: Invitrogenn: 95°C, 10 min followed by 40 cycles of 95°C, 10s; 60°C, 60s; PerfeCTa™ SYBR Green FastMix: 95°C, 20s followed by 40 cycles of 95°C, 1s; 60°C, 20s. PerfeCTa SYBR Green FastMix amplified the ADAR gene with higher efficiency and greater sensitivity. All replicate reactions for SYBR GreenER qPCR SuperMix failed to amplify ADAR from 1 pg of cDNA.
Single-tube, 2X concentrated reagent containing:
- Reaction buffer with optimized concentrations of molecular-grade MgCl2, dATP, dCTP, dGTP, and dTTP.
- AccuStart II Taq DNA Polymerase
- SYBR Green I dye
- Proprietary enzyme stabilizers and performance-enhancing additives.
- Titrated reference dye (if applicable)
Storage & HandlingStore components in a constant temperature freezer at -25°C to -15°C protected from light upon receipt. After thawing, mix thoroughly before using. For lot specific expiry date, refer to package label, Certificate of Analysis or Product Specification Form.
- Applied Biosystems 5700
- Applied Biosystems 7000
- Applied Biosystems 7300
- Applied Biosystems 7700
- Applied Biosystems 7900
- Applied Biosystems 7900HT
- Applied Biosystems 7900 HT Fast
- Applied Biosystems StepOne™
- Applied Biosystems StepOnePlus™
- Applied Biosystems 7500
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast
- Stratagene Mx3000P®
- Stratagene Mx3005P™
- Stratagene Mx4000™
- Applied Biosystems ViiA 7
- Applied Biosystems QuantStudio™
- Agilent AriaMx
- Douglas Scientific IntelliQube®
- QIAGEN Rotor-Gene Q
Bio-Rad iCycler iQ systems
- Quantabio Q
- BioRad CFX
- Roche LightCycler 480
- BioRad iCycler iQ™
- BioRad MyiQ™
- BioRad iQ™5